WHERE TO RECYCLE YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE AFTER THE HOLIDAYS AND HOW TO PREPARE YOUR TREE
Bring One For the Chipper!
Hall County’s annual Bring One for the Chipper event offers free Christmas tree
recycling, see below for details. NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Natural trees only. No artificial trees. All lights, decorations, and tree
stands/bases must be removed. You must remove any plastic bags that
you have the tree in.
Hall County’s 12 compactor sites and the Hall County Landfill will be participating. Trees will be mulched, and then residents can pick up free mulch at the county landfill Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., weather permitting.
The Hall County Recycling Center, 1008 Chestnut Street in Gainesville, will take trees Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Christmas Tree Recycling Locations, 2021 – 2022 Dates
The event, which lasts from Dec. 26th to Jan. 7th, is part of a statewide Christmas Tree recycling program.
Trees can be dropped off at the following compactor sites between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00
p.m. Monday through Friday
- Candler Compactor – 5064 Poplar Springs Road, Gainesville
- Murrayville Compactor – 5113 Thompson Bridge Road, Gainesville
- Lula Compactor – 6174 Lula Road, Lula
- Wauka Mountain Compactor – 5800 Brookton-Lula Road, Gainesville
- Sardis Road Compactor – 3166 Brackett Drive, Gainesville
- East Crescent Drive Compactor – 734 East Crescent Drive, Gainesville
- Gould Lane Compactor – 1277 Hillside Gardens Lane, Gainesville
- Tadmore Compactor – 3320 Holly Springs Road, Gainesville
- Balus Creek Compactor – 3845 Old Flowery Branch Road, Flowery Branch
- Blackshear Place Compactor – 2921 Atlanta Highway, Gainesville
- Flowery Branch Compactor- 4395 Falcon Parkway, Flowery Branch
- Gaines Ferry Compactor – 6173 Gaines Ferry Road, Flower
For more information about the program, contact Hall County Resource Recovery at 770-535-8284.
Please note that all three recycling convenience centers will be closed Saturday, January 1, 2022 in observance of New Year’s. The centers will also be closed Monday, January 17 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Red Oak Christmas Tree Removal Service
Those that do not recycle their Christmas Tree and have Red Oak remove them must prepay $25 for the tree to be removed on the scheduled day. Trees must be properly prepared to be removed, or the tree will be left and another $25 trip charge will apply.Trees must be cut into sections shorter than 3 feet in length. Multiple cuts may be necessary.